- I’m looking to join a company which contributes back to the world, whether it be through contributions to non-profit organizations or open source projects.
INTERESTS and QUALIFICATIONS
Extensive management experience with BSD/UNIX and GNU/Linux operating systems, containerization (including Kubernetes, Docker, and Jails), DevOps automation, and Continuous Integration.
Created dev and test environments off different applications by provisioning k8s clusters on AWS using Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and Docker.
One of my passions is metrics, monitoring, and security: I extensively use Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, and other tracing tools for custom platform autoscaling, troubleshooting, service level objectives, and auditing.
I have in depth knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure, including EKS, and some exposure to Google Cloud.
Implemented Jenkins CI/CD concepts, jobs, builds, pipelines, triggering, testing, distributed, builds, artifacts, and PaaS model for engineering teams using Terraform with Infrastructure-as-code.
Experienced with Amazon AWS cloud administration services like: EC2, S3 EBS, VPC, ALB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Cloudformation (inc. eksctl), Elasticache.
I prefer internally managed services (eg. Gitlab) over cloud-provided for security, privacy, and customization/control.
CD best practices like distributed builds, containerization, traceability, high availability, and auto repository builds.
Knows: Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Python, Bash, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, YAML.
Prefers: VIM with spaces (not tabs) and Zsh.
Capable: Golang, PHP, JAVA, Jenkins, VPN networking, Routing and Switching, and VPN administration.
Outside work I like to spend my time building Keyboards, Quadcopters, IoT hardware or sensors, Wireless (mesh networking), and most things involving ARM processors.
More passions: nuclear power, net neutrality / free speech, and Home Automation.
- Implemented comprehensive metrics and monitoring system with Prometheus to replace Sensu-based monitoring. Collected metrics from Cloudwatch, EC2 instances, Kubernetes, and Postgres databases to change the operations culture from re-active to pro-active.
- Developed Helm charts and EKS/Kubernetes platform design with CI/CD pipelines in both Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Managed business-critical internal systems, including GitLab, LDAP, OpenVPN, JIRA/Confluence.
- For fun, developed digital signage implementation for Dumbo office.
Generic Network Systems, LLC.
- Designed and implemented Elasticsearch (ELK) stack for log management and audit data collection for security, inventory and reports purposes.
- Team-member training for new-hires, junior-level peers, and cross-knowledge-domain admins.
- Worked to fulfill on-demand client/customer requests, while maintaining monitoring infrastructure and SLA goals for almost 200 clients and 1000+ hosts of mixed operating systems, including CentOS/RHEL 5,6,7; Oracle Solaris 10u8-11.3; Ubuntu 12.04-16.10; Debian 6,7; FreeBSD 10-11; and Windows Server 2012 (especially in cases where Active Directory was integrated).
- Automation of daily processes using Ansible, custom scripts (Bash, Python, Perl); a lot of troubleshooting and debugging of system configuration; security and SSAE-16 compliance enforcement; troubleshooting of third-party software including Advent Geneva for FinTech.
- Implemented Logstash log aggregation system to collect login and systems audit data for reporting and compliance, as well as security reviews.
Benchmark Education Company
- Linux systems manager for LAMP stack and webapp troubleshooting.
- Designed release process and deployment processes.
- Implemented metrics and monitoring systems with Icinga/Nagios and Graphite
- AWS/Cloud infrastructure design, implementation, and maintenance
- Some website application development (PHP - Spiral Framework)
- Assisted migration from SVN to Git, as well as Git training.